Windows 7 doesn’t allow to install VB6, (If run as Administartor also) so need to follow these below steps:
1. Run Registry Editor by typing regedit at startmenu->run
2. Find following registry key:
3. Find the following REG_DWORD value:
4. Set the value of EnableLUA to 0 from 1. & Close Registry Editor.
5. Now Browse SETUP.EXE, select Run As Administrator from Visual Studio 6 CD
6. On this and other Program Compatibility Assistant warnings, click Run Program.
7. Setup will update Java RunTime and machine will restart.
8. After restart wizards open click Next to continue.
9. Click “I accept agreement”, then Next.
10. Enter name and company information, click Next.
11. Select Custom Setup, click Next.
12. Click Continue, then Ok. You will see option menu.
13. On the options list, select the following:
Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0
14. All other options should be unchecked. Click Continue, setup will continue.
15. Finally, a successful completion dialog will appear, at which click Ok. At this point, Visual Basic 6 is installed.
16. Restart the PC, it will prompt to install MSDN, skip it, skip registration setp alos.
17. You will see successfull installation messgae. Close it & Enjoy VB6.