There are few things which we need to do before access the website using windows authentication.
Add or replace existing Authentication Tag
IIS Express with Visual Studio:
- Click on your project in the Solution Explorer to select the project.
- Open Properties pane suing F4.
- In the Properties pane for your project:
a) Set “Anonymous Authentication” to “Disabled”.
b) Set “Windows Authentication” to “Enabled”.
IIS 7 or later:
- Open IIS Manager and navigate to your website.
- In Features View, double-click Authentication.
- On the Authentication page, select Windows authentication. If Windows authentication is not an option, you’ll need to make sure Windows authentication is installed on the server.
To enable Windows authentication on Windows Desktop:
- In Control Panel open “Programs and Features”.
- Select “Turn Windows features on or off”.
- Navigate to Internet Information Services > World Wide Web Services > Security and make sure the Windows authentication node is checked.
To enable Windows authentication on Windows Server:
- In Server Manager, select Web Server (IIS) and click Add Role Services.
- Navigate to Web Server > Security and make sure the Windows authentication node is checked.